Sunday, March 17, 2013

Poor Man's Poetry


Transcript:
This is poor man's poetry. I can't talk about the finer things in life cause I've never had the opportunity like it wasn't meant for me. No fresh clothes and no shining jewelry. Barely got pennies in my pocket to rub together. I'm in need of medicine cause I feel 6 feet under the weather. I didn't make it out of grade school cause I was trying to be like the pimps and the dope boys cause they was so cool. Now look at me; old, dirty, and lonely. Not a single shelter would hold me, and not a single person that said we were homies would ever open their homes to me. See I'm living in a box begging on the corner for money so I can buy some beer and smoke some rocks. I'm no junkie but in this winter weather it's the only way for me to get hot. Can you understand my logic, probably.... not. See this is poor man's poetry. I can't talk about the finer things in life cause I've never given myself the opportunity, like it just wasn't meant for me....

By: The Poet Q

No comments:

Post a Comment