Monday, April 29, 2013

My Nightmares....

My nightmares are reminders of all the bad things I've done.
I try my best to forget once I awake
But the terrors of my past I can't seem to shake
They've been more vivid as of late
And always sneak their way back in when I'm alone as topics I contemplate
Whether it be karma or twisted fate
I guess I've finally been served full circle with my wrongs on a plate
Sooner or later I figured the problems I pushed aside
Have become the very problems that give chase
Nothing like trying to hide from yourself
Because you've become the very things you hate
Praying for a second chance hoping it ain't too late
But what a tangled web I've weaved
Hopes for clarity so myself I deceive
Attempting to drown my evils through alcohol and weed
But it only seems to bring out the worst in me
So in the end once again my nightmares have become reality....

By: The Poet Q

No comments:

Post a Comment