Sunday, February 17, 2013

Defining Me

My skin is dark like oil, my eyes are red like fire, and my blood boils. I doubt you can comprehend my struggle. My skin is dark like oil with scars covered by ink. I've been told its a blessing and it means I'm royal. I might have the skin of a prince but to be judged by this blessing as if it were a curse can sometimes make my soul hurt. Even if I had a choice I'd keep my skin dark like oil....

My skin is dark like oil, my eyes are red like fire, and my blood boils. I'm tired, I haven't slept in days even when I try my problems start to intrude my mind robbing my body of rest. Sometimes I drift for a moment only to awake to my troubles waiting to rob me of peace and my eyes are still red like fire I'm tired....

My skin is dark like oil, my eyes are red like fire, and my blood boils. Anger is my fuel it drives me, within me hate resides. You see it in my eyes, hear it in my voice. Attempted to change but came back worse than before. I will not tolerate disrespect and between my red eyes and oil like skin my blood boils I cannot lie I cannot pretend....

By: The Poet Q

No comments:

Post a Comment